Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Brief Note

I did the demo lesson in my weekend Chinese class. I taught it the way I teach English. The four students from the States had fun, but I don't think my classmates "got it". They were surprised by the fact that I wrote my name big on the board. They then concluded that I'm a very confident person. While we were having lunch, some of my classmates told me that they didn't think I'd be this friendly considering how confident I am.

When are the Taiwanese gonna understand that confidence does not equal arrogance? When are they gonna stop placing judgment on others?

The final exams (oral & written) are coming up this Sunday. Gotta sit down and study for them.

A category 4 typhoon's approaching at 195 kph. The weather man says it'll touchdown tomorrow afternoon, just in time for the weekend. I just hope the exams won't be cancelled 'cause Bill and I are planning to go away next weekend.

CA-125 = 19.42 (phew.......?)
I don't know how I should feel about it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. **"Judg(e)ment' is a human occupational hazard!! (That's 'supposed' to be God's job) unless by that word you are meaning "discernment". Judgemental
    people are usually viewed to be 'passing judgement' on others. The 'judged' don't usually like it much. Retiring or shy types are less likely to 'appear' that way. Seems to take FOREVER for them to get to get to the "real"point because of all the beating around the bush that occurs.
    Arrogant, Bold and Brash people usually show their 'face' much more easily. They are usually not like 'planners' who have their next two movements quietly planned for in advance... if you get my meaning.
    We need both types of people.
    I think Western culture is generally perceived of as the first while Eastern cultures are more generally seen as the second meaning. I'm sure there are more than plenty of either types in all the hemispheres.
    **BTW: it's spelled both ways here to mean the same thing. Maybe they are just a little because they see you changing and folks don't like change.

    ReplyDelete