Sunday, August 5, 2007

The 100th Blog Entry

I remember it was when we lived in this apartment the first time that Bill encouraged me to start a blog. "You like writing anyway. Why not put it on the Internet?" I was reluctant 'cause knowing how bad I am with regularity, I thought I wouldn't be able to keep it up. Plus, ..... who would want to read my blog?!

Almost a year ago after a confusing hospital visit, Bill suggested starting a blog again.

"Why don't you make it a record of your experience with chocolate cysts?" he said. That idea sounded very intriguing at the moment 'cause I got the perfect name for it.

"I'm gonna name it The Chocolate Cysterhood but spelt C-Y-S-T-E-R hood." I declared.

While my heart was filled with self-admiration, Bill rolled his eyes, smiling.


What started out partially as a light-hearted joke turned out to be much more significant. The Chocolate Cysterhood has also transformed from a mere record of medical experience to a garden of hopes and love. It delivers comfort and support and fuels us with strength and courage. Through it, we witnessed "the power of the Martins" (the Vancouver Martins included), we shared some major life-altering experiences, and together we kicked ass!!!

I couldn't have done it without you.

I know I can never say it enough, but thank you all for being there for me in your own ways.

Thank you for loving me.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if all of the situations that does/might/may befall us aren't somehow designed (??) to teach us what love really is. I know it's not mushy postcard platitudes. I know it's nitty-gritty shoulder to the grindstone type of commitment that has very little to do with emotion.
    Some days I like folks, some days I can't stand 'em.

    Add to that powerfull drugs and what do you have?? Somebody who probably is not all that 'loveable' but needs it all the more for that very reason.

    I'm not given to regrets except to say that I'm sorry I didn't learn from observation earlier in my life rather than from experience in the school (HK)that everybody complains about (but also attends).

    Keep on keepin' on, baby. You are an encouragement to all who read your blog and (not to take away from your obvious talent)what would be the depth of your writing without this experience you are recording??.....including ALL that you have described about that?

    Somehow pictures and travelogs just don't/won't hit the same chords that you strike.

    That being said I'd like to see your imagination and talant enlarged by much less dramatic and stressful dynamics.

    Maybe some notes from Nuage would be a nice interlude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th entry, Kate. I'm really proud of you that you've kept this up through it all. Your writing has just kept getting better and better. You are a very inspiring "Auntie Kate." :) "Little Beast" kicks and says, 'hi.'

    ReplyDelete