Monday, January 14, 2008

Farewell Brunch at Sharon & Dorion's

It seems as though they all made a deal to leave Taiwan around the same time. Roberto's leaving on the 15th; Tash and Patrick are leaving on the 21st. Dorion and Sharon threw a "brunch & game" day for them. Who could say "No" to free food and fun games?



Dorion's super Belgium waffle

with assorted fruit, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and cherries.




Pre-game Warm-up

Roberto: "I have no problem leaving Taiwan, but I don't ever wanna leave this guy."
Bill: "I'm special and I know it."



Ben: "That's pretty disturbing if you ask me."





Brook: "I thought the bond between these two was quite touching, actually."






Jingjing: "Yeah, Ben. Look! There's nothing wrong with getting physically close to a friend."
Sharon: "I second that."





Ben: "Let me take a picture of you two. Get closer."
Bill: "Let's make funny faces. Bleh~~~~"
Kate: "Make WHAT?" *click*




Ben: "Take the camera. Let me show you how it's done."







(from left to right)

1. Kate: "Oops! I think my hands shook. One more time."
2. Jingjing: "You're not making funny faces, are you?"
Ben: "Who says I am?"
3. Kate: "How is this one different from the first one?"
4. Ben: "Hey, I'm trying to teach you something, alright? So show some respect!"

Kate: "Fine! Let's take another shot. This time's for real."
Ben: "Deal!"

Kate: "You're hopeless, Benjamin!"
Ben: "This is how it's done, Katherine!"





Game Time
Ben brought the bilingual Pictionary. Bill and Ben were explaining the rules to everyone.

Ben: "... and then you do this."
Bill: "Wait! And then you do THAT, not this."



Patrick: "When will these two ever agree with one another?"
Brook: "Never. Get yourself another coffee, man. This is gonna take a while."



Gabriela: "I don't know if we should listen to them."
Tash: "I wouldn't trust them. No."




Ben: "What? I understand why you wouldn't trust Bill, but how could you not trust me? Just look at this face!"






Bill: "Wait, wait, wait!The rules say that when you do this, you blah blah blah..."
Ben: "Which is exactly what I just said. You should've just listened to me in the first place."


Ben first drew a fly. The he quickly drew a lot of them in one corner of the paper.
Bill: "Flies! Bugs! Insects!"
Ben circled all the flies together and kept pointing at the circle.
Bill: "Lots of flies! Bugs! Did I say that already? A group of insects! A group of flies!"
This is when Ben gave up and rested his head in his hand.
The word was "swarm".

At the end, it was a game between Bill, Ben, Sharon and Gabriela, Tash, Dorion.

Gabriela was confident.






Bill was nervous... so nervous, in fact, he had to stand up.





Unfortunately... I mean, finally, Bill's team won the game!

Bill could not be more proud.

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun post Kate! I loved all the pics of Billy too!

    ~Shellee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a loverly bunch of coconuts....bet you won't be able to find that many when you get home....
    aunt bonnie

    ReplyDelete